A los pies de la sierra de Cantabria...

San Vicente de la Sonsierra

Clock Tower

It receives this name because the City Council in the XVII century chose it to install the mechanical clock that regulated the daily life of the municipality since, due to its elevation, its bells could be heard without difficulty in any corner of the town

The original construction was an albarrana tower, exempt of the wall and it was acceded to it by a levadiza footbridge

 Through the rehabilitation carried out during the years 2004 and 2005 the urgent restoration of the Tower was made and the mechanism of the clock, whose support was in terrible conditions, was prevented from collapsing.

It consists of four floors. On the upper level there is the original clock of the Tower made in 1675 by D. Tomás Julián de Santo Domingo and restored in 2005. The views from the upper level are impressive at any time of the year.

  • Location. Interior of the Fortified Enclosure.
  • GPS coordinates 42 ° 33'34.6 "N 2 ° 45'28.3" W // 42.559596, -2.757866
  • Link to google maps
  • The interior visit is currently not available
  • Not accessible handicapped
  • Historical Center: Access restricted to vehicles according to height and weight. Pedestrianization of the Plaza Mayor area on specific dates. It is recommended to park vehicles outside the historic area
  • More information in this link (Spanish)

Síguenos en Facebook

SFbBox by debt consolidation

© 2020 San Vicente de la Sonsierra. Todos los derechos reservados.